Re: RFS: gsoap (updated package)

Stefano Canepa ha scritto:
> Il giorno lun, 22/02/2010 alle 17.52 +0100, Steffen Moeller ha scritto:
>> Hi Stefano,
>>
>> Stefano Canepa wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.7.15-1
>>> of my package "gsoap".
>>>
>>> It builds these binary packages:
>>> gsoap      - SOAP stub and skeleton compiler for C and C++
>>>
>>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>>>
>>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gsoap/gsoap_2.7.15-1.dsc
>>>
>>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>> the diff.gz has many *.cpp files in, and there are both Makefile.in and
>> Makefile, configure and configure.in. I have not looked at it in more
>> detail, but could there be a way that you reduce the length of the diff.gz
>> to something one can oversee with the eye? The current version has 37522
>> lines, which given all the *.cpp files in are just too tough for a sponsor
>> to check through.
>
> I checked the diff.gz, this is the result of the need to cut out all
> apache_13 module code. I tried to convince upstream author to drop this
> code in next release but I did not succeded. We agree to delete all
> files lintian complains about.
> If you would like to write to upstream author to convice him to delete
> useless code in future release please do and I'll be gratefull to you
> for your favour. Tomorrow I'll ask again Mandriva gsoap maintainer (a
> collegue of mine) to ask for the same thing even if he told me that
> inclusion of old apache code is not a problem in his package.

I've just looked at gsoap source package. I think it is worth to
repackage it as more than half of its size is composed of binary
executables, repeated code, windows/macosx/symbian/* stuff, logs and
other kinds of useless (and sometime non DFSG compliant) files.

Kind regards,
Marco

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| mnencia@prato.linux.it | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95  5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4