Re: RFS: gsoap (updated package)

Il giorno lun, 22/02/2010 alle 17.52 +0100, Steffen Moeller ha scritto:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> Stefano Canepa wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.7.15-1
> > of my package "gsoap".
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > gsoap      - SOAP stub and skeleton compiler for C and C++
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gsoap/gsoap_2.7.15-1.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> the diff.gz has many *.cpp files in, and there are both Makefile.in and
> Makefile, configure and configure.in. I have not looked at it in more
> detail, but could there be a way that you reduce the length of the diff.gz
> to something one can oversee with the eye? The current version has 37522
> lines, which given all the *.cpp files in are just too tough for a sponsor
> to check through.

I checked the diff.gz, this is the result of the need to cut out all
apache_13 module code. I tried to convince upstream author to drop this
code in next release but I did not succeded. We agree to delete all
files lintian complains about.
If you would like to write to upstream author to convice him to delete
useless code in future release please do and I'll be gratefull to you
for your favour. Tomorrow I'll ask again Mandriva gsoap maintainer (a
collegue of mine) to ask for the same thing even if he told me that
inclusion of old apache code is not a problem in his package.

> A file debian/README.source should explain all the differences done to the
> source tree for its inclusion to Debian. I know, as a past NMUer, that the
> package already wasn't in the best of all possible shapes when you took it
> up. If you could give it some more love to make the diff.gz nice to read,
> then this would be real helpful.

I'm going to write more details in my README.source. It took me a long
time to read the diff, you're right it's quite impossible to read.

Bye
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.