Re: RFS: gsoap (updated package)

Hi Stefano,

Stefano Canepa wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.7.15-1
> of my package "gsoap".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> gsoap      - SOAP stub and skeleton compiler for C and C++

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gsoap/gsoap_2.7.15-1.dsc

the diff.gz has many *.cpp files in, and there are both Makefile.in and
Makefile, configure and configure.in. I have not looked at it in more
detail, but could there be a way that you reduce the length of the diff.gz
to something one can oversee with the eye? The current version has 37522
lines, which given all the *.cpp files in are just too tough for a sponsor
to check through.

A file debian/README.source should explain all the differences done to the
source tree for its inclusion to Debian. I know, as a past NMUer, that the
package already wasn't in the best of all possible shapes when you took it
up. If you could give it some more love to make the diff.gz nice to read,
then this would be real helpful.

Many thanks and regards,

Steffen