Re: RFS: ipsec-tools - IPsec tools for Linux - racoon - IPsec IKE keying daemon

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:10:53PM +0100, Stefan Bauer wrote:

> Wow, that was a quick upload. I hope i'm not in trouble now as i
> always got some hints on packaging in the past.

Heh.

> IIRC, debhelper modified the upstream config.guess/config.sub files
> during build and that was a serious problem for lintian to keep them
> in diff. I hope that was correct.

I don't know if the "dh $*" invocation updates these files, but
individual dh_* programs never do.

The rules you commented out update the files if (possibly) newer ones
are available, which of course makes them show up in the diff. The best
(and only) way to avoid that and still have them updated is to
build-depend on autotools-dev, delete the files in the "clean" target
and copy them unconditionally before running the configure script.

This will still give warnings from dpkg-source (because it won't
generate a diff for deleted files), but that can be safely ignored.

   Simon