Re: Maintainer/Sponsor sought for new Web Content Management System

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 08:11:30AM +0000, Beaky, The WACS Man wrote:
> I do not feel it is appropriate that I myself become the maintainer as I
> think it needs the checks and balances of someone else reviewing the
> releases before they come out.
>
> Hopefully someone with an interest in the area will be prepared to come
> forward and take on this package.  You can find out more by emailing me
> directly or visiting the project pages at http://wacsip.sourceforge.net
> and/or https://launchpad.net/wacs

There is some precedent for upstream maintainers managing their own archive
packages. In fact, having upstream maintain the packages as well can mean
patches are integrated quicker and the maintainer has a much better
knowledge of the code base in case of problems.

As a non-Debian Developer you would be working through a sponsor anyway,
who is expected to do a full review before any upload, so I can't see any
problem with 'checks and balances' as you put it.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

1024D: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52
4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51