Re: RFS: apt-move (updated package) + adopting

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 13:21:56 +0100
Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:

> Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> writes:
>
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 4.2.27-3
> > of my package "apt-move".
> >
> > thanks,
> >  Karl Goetz
>
> Isn't reprepro overall a better solution? Seems to me apt-move could
> just be a tiny wrapper around it.

I find reprepro vastly over engineered for what I'm trying to do (Move
debs out of a flat directory into a pool somewhere else). Its maintains
an internal database of all packages, and it can Get Confused (TM) and
require removing/cleaning/recreating.

I've had `reprepro -Vb /srv/gnewsense/ deleteunreferenced` running for
4 days on one mirror, and its still not done cleaning up the database.
Time to nuke+pave i think.

While you could make apt-move a wrapper around reprepro, I don't think
it would be replacing two identical tools. with one+ a wrapper.
IMO, of course.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)