Re: RFS: apt-move (updated package) + adopting

Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> writes:

> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 13:21:56 +0100
> Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
>
>> Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> writes:
>>
>> > Dear mentors,
>> >
>> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 4.2.27-3
>> > of my package "apt-move".
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> >  Karl Goetz
>>
>> Isn't reprepro overall a better solution? Seems to me apt-move could
>> just be a tiny wrapper around it.
>
> I find reprepro vastly over engineered for what I'm trying to do (Move
> debs out of a flat directory into a pool somewhere else). Its maintains
> an internal database of all packages, and it can Get Confused (TM) and
> require removing/cleaning/recreating.
>
> I've had `reprepro -Vb /srv/gnewsense/ deleteunreferenced` running for
> 4 days on one mirror, and its still not done cleaning up the database.
> Time to nuke+pave i think.

Haven't had any corruption in at least 2 years now. But in the early
days when I had a corruption I would move the db/, dists/ and pool/ dir
into old/ and use file:///path/old/ as update url once to copy
everything usefull and then nuked old/. Since reprepro hardlinks in such
a case that doesn't even take (much) disk space.

> While you could make apt-move a wrapper around reprepro, I don't think
> it would be replacing two identical tools. with one+ a wrapper.
> IMO, of course.
> kk

MfG
        Goswin