Re: Improve the Val(a)ide package

Thank's for your answer!

I'm the upstream, and I think I understood the litian warnings but not
their consequenses.

>> W: valide-common: image-file-in-usr-lib
>> usr/lib/valide/plugins/file-browser/file-browser.png
>> W: valide-common: image-file-in-usr-lib
>> usr/lib/valide/plugins/opened-documents/opened-documents.png
>> W: valide-common: image-file-in-usr-lib
>> usr/lib/valide/plugins/symbol/symbol-browser.png
>
> These should be installed to /usr/share instead. You might need to
> patch the source to install them in the right place. See here for why:
>
> http://lintian.debian.org/tags/image-file-in-usr-lib.html

If it's a critical warning, I can fix it, but I prefer to have all files
in the same directory.

>> W: valide-common: extra-license-file usr/share/valide/COPYING
>
> Unless the application needs it, there is no reason to install this
file.

> http://lintian.debian.org/tags/extra-license-file.html

Yes the application use the COPYING file for show the license in the about
dialog.

>> W: valide: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink
usr/lib/libvalide-0.0.so.0.7.0
>> usr/lib/libvalide-0.0.so
>> W: valide: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libvalide-0.0-0
>
> I imagine these are not meant to be public libraries. If they are
> supposed to be private, please work with upstream to make them private
> libraries (install in a subdir of /usr/lib). If they are meant to be
> public libraries, you need to read libpkg-guide and the bugs filed
> against it.

This library is used by the core application, if it's not placed in
/usr/lib I have the classic error:

  valide: error while loading shared libraries: libvalide-0.0.so.0: cannot

I think that the library is in the good directory (like Anjuta). Is it
reasonable to have six packages for this simple application?

--
Nicolas Joseph

http://www.valaide.org