Re: RFS: libplist (Adopted, updated package)

Julien Lavergne wrote:

>Dear mentors,

>I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.16-1
>of package "libplist". It was orphaned and I would like to take over its
>maintenance. The ITA bug is
>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=548594

>libplist is the first package of the libiphone stack, providing access
>and synchronization with Ipod and Iphone devices.

>It builds these binary packages:
>libplist++-dev - Library for handling Apple binary and XML property lists
>libplist++0 - Library for handling Apple binary and XML property lists
>libplist-dbg - Library for handling Apple binary and XML property lists
>libplist-dev - Library for handling Apple binary and XML property lists
>libplist-utils - Apple property list converter
>libplist0  - Library for handling Apple binary and XML property lists
>python-plist - Library for handling Apple binary and XML property lists

>The package appears to be lintian clean.

This package fails to build from source for me in a sid pbuilder
chroot.  If I apply the obvious patch (take the output below, and kill
most of -1's) it builds, but I'm not too sure about the MISSING
entries. If symbols really went away then an SONAME bump is in order.

,----
`----