Re: Improve the Val(a)ide package

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Nicolas Joseph
<gege2061@redaction-developpez.com> wrote:

> W: valide-common: image-file-in-usr-lib
> usr/lib/valide/plugins/file-browser/file-browser.png
> W: valide-common: image-file-in-usr-lib
> usr/lib/valide/plugins/opened-documents/opened-documents.png
> W: valide-common: image-file-in-usr-lib
> usr/lib/valide/plugins/symbol/symbol-browser.png

These should be installed to /usr/share instead. You might need to
patch the source to install them in the right place. See here for why:

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/image-file-in-usr-lib.html

> W: valide-common: extra-license-file usr/share/valide/COPYING

Unless the application needs it, there is no reason to install this file.

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/extra-license-file.html

> W: valide: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink usr/lib/libvalide-0.0.so.0.7.0
> usr/lib/libvalide-0.0.so
> W: valide: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libvalide-0.0-0

I imagine these are not meant to be public libraries. If they are
supposed to be private, please work with upstream to make them private
libraries (install in a subdir of /usr/lib). If they are meant to be
public libraries, you need to read libpkg-guide and the bugs filed
against it.

--
bye,
pabs