Re: RFS: concordance

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Patrick Matthäi<pmatthaei@debian.org> wrote:

>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/concordance/concordance_0.21-1.dsc

It's not updated yet with the changes proposed below. I should be able
to do it today though.

> Yes, but too many.
>
> Please explain e.g. *very* short why dh_strip e.g. is useless in
> binary-indep.

I get it. Architecture independent, therefore stripping binary files is useless.

> Also dh_{link,installman} at all and dh_{pycentral,install} are not
> needed in rules.

Will change that. I do get the idea for install, link and installman,
since they'll already be run by binary-arch, but pycentral? Is it
because it should be run only from binary-arch?

> Also you made a new error. Now the package is not binNMU safe. You can
> not prop. binary:Depend from an arch:all package to another one. Use
> source:Version.

Thanks. I noticed that on another package. Didn't know the difference.

> Personaly I am also not maining symbols files, because of the bad
> handling of FTBFS on arches where they may diff ;)
> It is not a need for me currently.

Noted.

Regards,

/ Matt