Re: RFS: concordance

> Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre schrieb:
[...]
> Hello,
>
> please always have the link to the dsc somewhere :)
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/concordance/concordance_0.21-1.dsc

I'll keep that in mind, sorry. It's been re-updated.

> First do a 'grep -c \ $ *' in your debian/ dir and fix it.

Done.

> Why are you using a versioned build-depend on python-all-dev with a
> debian revision in it? Is there any special reason?

Actually, there is. I was using point 4 from the wiki page about the
New Python Policy (http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy):

"If your package provides public extensions:

    * You will have to Build-Depend on "python-all-dev (>= 2.3.5-11)"
to have all the pythonX.Y-dev available during compilation. "

The full policy document doesn't specify a version/revision. I
modified my package build-deps to remove the version requirement.
Should the wiki page be modified?

> libconcord1-dev should have a binary:Version versioned depend on
> libconcord1.

Done. And I was there, initially without the libconcord1 or
binary:Version depends, thinking there ought to be away to make the
depend show up automatically :)

> Do you have realy tested your package? python-concordance is empty. Also
> I do not think that it has to be arch:any and it should (wheter it is
> arch:{all,any} a >= source:Version or binary:Version depend on libconcord1.

Done. Shows that I need to pay closer attention to the details.

> Line 16, 28, 40 and 55 are too long in control, you would have find it
> out with lintian.

Done. Thanks a lot.

That said, I did run lintian (it gets run automatically). There were
no errors though.

I usually run bzr-buildpackage once with no switches, to build the
debs and look at them manually with dpkg --contents and whatnot, and
once with '-S' to be able to upload it and test it properly in
pbuilder. lintian never gave any errors. Is there's a crucial step I'm
missing somewhere in the process?

This time I ran bzr-buildpackage -S, then pbuilder, and finally tested
the deb files with lintian, only one error comes up:

mtrudel@mtrudel-laptop:/var/cache/pbuilder/sid-i386/result$ lintian
-vIE --pedantic *.deb
N: Setting up lab in /tmp/uxapu7uunO ...
N: Processing 4 packages...
[...]
N: Processing binary package libconcord1 (version 0.21-1) ...
I: libconcord1: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libconcord.so.1.0.0
[...]

/ Matt