Re: RFS: concordance

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre schrieb:
> Patrick,
>
> The package has been re-uploaded to mentors.debian.net; please see
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/concordance/concordance_0.21-1.dsc
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Patrick Matthäi<pmatthaei@debian.org> wrote:
> I just re-read the policy, and it looks to me like it's okay;
> following point 2.3, and also looking very much like the pyenchant
> example from the http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy page.

Right.

> In any case, I applied the changes you proposed: changed Architecture
> to all for python-concordance, and I added all the tasks under
> binary-indep.

Yes, but too many.

Please explain e.g. *very* short why dh_strip e.g. is useless in
binary-indep.

Also dh_{link,installman} at all and dh_{pycentral,install} are not
needed in rules.

Also you made a new error. Now the package is not binNMU safe. You can
not prop. binary:Depend from an arch:all package to another one. Use
source:Version.

> I updated the package again. It's lintian-clean for the
> _source.changes, and the only error in lintian from the binary
> packages is still the lack of a symbols file.
>
> I: libconcord1: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libconcord.so.1.0.0
>
> Is fixing this as simple as adding 'dpkg-gensymbols -plibconcord1'
> somewhere in my 'debian/rules' file? The library packaging guide is a
> little unclear to me, and so is the manpage for dpkg-gensymbols.

Personaly I am also not maining symbols files, because of the bad
handling of FTBFS on arches where they may diff ;)
It is not a need for me currently.

- --
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org