Re: Error when intend update libnet0-dev to libnet1-dev (nemesis package)

William Vera wrote:
Hi mentors
some clue about this error?
Thanks

2008/7/11 William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>:
Hello Mentors
I intend update the Build-Depends at nemesis package,  libnet0-dev to
libnet1-dev (just changed at the debian/control), but in the build
crash:

checking for libnet_build_ip in -lnet... no

  ERROR!  Libnet library not found, go get it from
  http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/libnet/
  or use the --with-libnet-* options, if you have it installed
  in unusual place
touch configure-stamp
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_clean -k
dh_installdirs
/usr/bin/make DESTDIR=`pwd`/debian/nemesis install

I have installed libnet1 and libnet1-dev:

billy@lab:~/lab/nemesis-1.4$ dpkg -l |grep libnet
ii  libnet-dbus-perl                            0.33.6-1+b1
                              Extension for the DBus bindings
ii  libnet-ssleay-perl                          1.33.01-1
                              Perl module for Secure Sockets Layer
(SSL)
ii  libnet1                                     1.1.2.1-2
                              library for the construction and
handling of
ii  libnet1-dev                                 1.1.2.1-2
                              development files for libnet
billy@lab:~/lab/nemesis-1.4$

The config.log is in: http://pastebin.com/m748eda86
I appreciate any clue.
Thanks in advance

Regards

--
William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>
PGP Key: 1024D/F5CC22A4

Hi,

Sorry to dig up an ancient e-mail but I'm on the hunt to remove libnet0. :)

Yes, configure.in is looking for libnet_build_ip in /usr/lib/libnet.so (or whatever the lib is) (It does this in AC_CHECK_LIB(net, libnet_build_ip...). What I did was change this to check for libnet_build_ipv4 instead. Which passes this test. (You can run objdump -T /usr/lib/libnet.so with the libnet1 libs installed to see what functions you could pick from).

It also then checks for libnet0 v 1.0.2 later in configure.in by grepping /usr/include/libnet.h which in itself is pathetic but just changing the grep line to check for 1.1 instead of 1.0.2a fixes that also.

Of course the package still doesn't build with libnet1 and needs much more work. Is upstream still active on this package at all? Looking at the sourceforge page it doesn't seem to be.

Thanks!

Barry deFreese