Re: Compiled easter egg in a arch:all package

Bertrand Marc wrote:

> Hi mentors,
>
> I'm currently trying to package PlayOnLinux (see ITP #485149) and there
> is one lintian error remaining. The program is written in python and
> bash, and is therefore arch:all. But upstream added an easter-egg in C
> in the archive, and a built version of the easter-egg. That is why I get
> this last lintian error : arch-dependent-file-in-usr-share.
>
> I have contacted upstream about this, and they say the easter-egg is not
> really important and is not part of the program. How would you handle
> this easter-egg ? Should I simply remove the built version ? Should I
> build it and make PlayOnLinux arch:any ? I guess the second solution
> would be a waste of buildd time, isn't it ?
>
> Regards,
> Bertrand

Hi,

Why not splitting the package in a playonlinux-common (arch:all) which would
contain everything and a playonlinux (arch:any) which would contain the
easter egg ? This would be sort of a tank to kill a fly, but if the
easteregg is fine. :)

For the buildds time, wine is in any case only packaged for i386 and amd64.

Bye, OdyX

N.B. I am not a Mentor.
--
Swisslinux.org − Le carrefour GNU/Linux en Suisse −
http://www.swisslinux.org