Re: RFS: poppler-data-0.4.0-1 (move from non-free to main)

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 10:50:15 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> Sounds like completely the wrong way around to me. Adobe's projects
> are the upstream and poppler-data is just aggregating them into one
> source package.

 I don't think it's completely wrong, poppler people aggregate Adobe's
 one, but is it wrong?

 We can track poppler-data update easier than Adobe's one, many people
 care about poppler and poppler-data and cmap-adobe-* package maintainer
 choose poppler-data rather than cmap-adobe-* package.

 Anyway, I hope new poppler-data package would go into NEW.
 Then, think about transition.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp