Re: RFS: poppler-data-0.4.0-1 (move from non-free to main)

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp> wrote:

>  Could someone upload new poppler-data package to NEW queue?
>  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/poppler-data/poppler-data_0.4.0-1.dsc
>
>  From 0.3.0, poppler-data was released under new license that suit to
>  DFSG so would go to main section. But it excluded some files from
>  0.2.1. I checked that with upstream author, Ken Lunde from Adobe,
>  and confirmed that is now okay to upload.

It appears this package duplicates stuff that is already in main in
the cmap-adobe-* packages and the rest are duplicates of this new
upstream project:

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/pdfmapping

I personally think it would be better to package the 2 pdfmapping
source packages and make poppler-data a meta-package that pulls in
cmap-adobe-* and the pdfmapping packages then adds symlinks for
poppler.

--
bye,
pabs