Re: RFS: poppler-data-0.4.0-1 (move from non-free to main)

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:49:29 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> It appears this package duplicates stuff that is already in main in
> the cmap-adobe-* packages and the rest are duplicates of this new
> upstream project:
>
> http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/pdfmapping

 Yes, poppler-data is based on CMap Resources, it is also provided
 cmap-adobe-* in Debian.
 http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/cmap/CMap+Resources

> I personally think it would be better to package the 2 pdfmapping
> source packages and make poppler-data a meta-package that pulls in
> cmap-adobe-* and the pdfmapping packages then adds symlinks for
> poppler.

 I think eliminate duplication is good, too. But I hope to make cmap-
 adobe-* as meta-package because poppler's upstream is very active.

 Kenshi, as cmap-adobe-* packages maintainer, how do you think that?

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane