Re: RFS: nd (updated package)

Dear Tim Retout,

fredag den 11 december 2009 klockan 00:28 skrev Tim Retout detta:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 01:35:33PM +0100, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> > I have follow almost all your advice. The revised package is
> > still in the same spot with the same name. Thank you!
>
> Heh. Next time follow *all* the advice. :)

I did not expect it to be accepted right away, in particular due
to the bug remark I inserted.

> I don't think the README.Debian adds much to the package - discussion
> of bugs should be made on the bug tracking system.  You should file
> another bug against the package detailing the segmentation fault that
> can still happen, and then try to fix it.

I discovered this segmentation fault four days ago, and suddenly
your message of sponsoring this package came quite unexpectedly.
I had honestly begun wondering wether to withdraw the package due
to this segfault.

> The debian/copyright file could be cleaned up, but it seems to be
> accurate enough.
>
> I disagree with some of the changes made to the description in
> debian/control, and think it still needs improving - there's a mailing
> list to help with writing English descriptions... erm... go find
> it. :)

Both these are from at least 2003, I have never bothered.
Right, I did insert ", and" as well as change a comma to a colon!

Honestly, I am somewhat lost as to the agility a new package
maintainer should display in rewriting documentation that
a previous maintainer has compiled. Am I at liberty to modify
the texts according to my own taste, or am I to preserve as
much as possible of the previous text?

> Thanks for your work,
>
> --
> Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk>