Re: NMU for libkarma (Rio Karma tools)?

Le Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 10:41:16AM +0200, Harald Dunkel a écrit :

> I don't want to hijack his package, it is just to get rid of the bugs.
> Maybe there are not so many Rio Karma users out there, anyway.

Fixing bugs is very welcome, especially RC ones. Actually, you can save time to
fix more RC bugs by not fixing the less important ones in the packages that you
try to rescue :) I still recommend to not include a new upstream release in the
NMU you are proposing. Especially because the package is poorly maintained: the
side effect of the NMU is to rescue the package from removal, so if nobody
feels responsible for it, it is safer to not introduce changes that can
introduce new bugs.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy