Re: NMU for libkarma (Rio Karma tools)?

On 10/10/09 08:02, Charles Plessy wrote:

Hello Harald,

unless you are ready to take responsability for any breakage introduced by the
version change in this library, which basically means to hijack the package, I
strongly recommend against including the upstream update in the bug correction
that you prepared.

I understand, but AFAICS upstream has included many of Joe's changes/fixes
into the new version. The open problems listed in the BTS were easy to fix.
The worst part was cleaning up the patches done fore Debian, because not all
of Joe's changes were included.

This said, despite its maintainer seems to be active with other Debian
activities, it looks like libkarma needs more care. Maybe Joe Nahmias can give
us his thoughts about having co-maintainers or transferring libkarma to a team?

Of course I would be glad if I can forward the new package to Joe.
I don't want to hijack his package, it is just to get rid of the bugs.
Maybe there are not so many Rio Karma users out there, anyway.

Regards

Harri