Re: RFS: burn 0.4.3-2.2 (Lenny security bug fixes)

Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> I believe packages with updates to stable debian releases are
> >> versioned <version>-<revision>+lenny1 or something like that.
> >
> >> BTW, I know this is not a hard requirement, but it is to easily
> >> detect stable updates.
> >
> > Okay. Given that the release team has approved a specific set of
> > changes that includes the package release version string, would I
> > need to seek approval again when changing that string?
>
> I'm not sure, but I would think not. After all, the change is
> irrelevant to the software functionality.

Well, I don't know exactly what needs to be done here.

The examination of this updated release for stable was discussed on
‘debian-release’ and this issue didn't arise at all; I can only assume
the chosen version string was not worth commenting on in that
discussion.

I don't want to change the version string based on a guess. I can't find
any mention of the convention you're describing in the Developer's
Reference or the Policy; what should I read to know what you're
referring to?

--
 \                              “Holy rising hemlines, Batman!” —Robin |
Ben Finney