Re: RFS: burn 0.4.3-2.2 (Lenny security bug fixes)

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> I don't want to change the version string based on a guess. I can't
> find any mention of the convention you're describing in the
> Developer's Reference or the Policy; what should I read to know what
> you're referring to?

Found it:

    5.8.5.4. Preparing packages to address security issues
    […]

    Be sure to verify the following items:
    […]

    * Make sure the version number is proper. It must be greater than
      the current package, but less than package versions in later
      distributions. If in doubt, test it with dpkg --compare-versions.
      Be careful not to re-use a version number that you have already
      used for a previous upload, or one that conflicts with a binNMU.
      The convention is to append +codename1, e.g. 1:2.4.3-4+etch1, of
      course increasing 1 for any subsequent uploads.

    <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#bug-security-building>

--
 \         “People's Front To Reunite Gondwanaland: Stop the Laurasian |
  `\              Separatist Movement!” —wiredog, http://kuro5hin.org/ |