Re: Package uploaded with UNRELEASED distribution.

On 20/08/09 at 22:45 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 09:39:44PM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :
> > The changes file says Distribution: unstable:
> >
> > http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/velvet/news/20090819T133220Z.html
>
> Very good point. So only the changelog is borken.
>
> I built the package with its UNRELEASED changelog with sbuild, which puts the
> schroot's name in the Distribution field of the changes control file. The
> inconsistency with the changelog went unnoticed by our tools. Luckily, the
> package was really intended for upload. I will fix the changelog at the next
> upload, the error does not seem to be disruptive.

I had a package rejected out of NEW because of that (same case:
UNRELEASED in changelog, Distribution: unstable in .changes). Being
curious, I asked ftpmasters why it this was a problem (besides not being
very beautiful), but didn't get an answer.

I think that it's mostly harmless: I can't think of any important part
of Debian architecture parsing the changelog to extract that
information. It probably just doesn't look nice on
http://packages.debian.org/.