Re: Package uploaded with UNRELEASED distribution.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 23:24, Russ Allbery<rra@debian.org> wrote:
> We had a specific request for Lintian to not warn about UNRELEASED as the
> distribution so that people could run it on each build and know that any
> output meant a problem.  Unfortunately, that creates the possibility for
> something like this to happen, since dput and dupload only look at the
> *.changes file and don't care about what's in the changelog, and Lintian's
> architecture makes it very hard for it to see a mismatch between the
> *.changes file and the package.

Personally, I liked a lot that warning about UNRELEASED in the
changelog, even at each build: it signaled that I was working a
temporary package. Maybe an option to enable/disable the check might
be nice (didn't say anything when it was removed, but since we're
talking about it now... :) ).

Regards,