Re: Requests to sponsor new library packages

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:

> Make an RFS if you like, but don't get all bent out of shape and chuck a
> hissy fit on d-mentors if nobody does anything about it (because it's a
> library package -- hard to do right, and utterly pointless without an
> application to go with it).

I think part of the gap in understanding here may be that everyone is
assuming that “library package” necessarily means a C-language library
package. Does this qualitative “hard to do right” apply when the library
package is implemented in, say, Perl?

--
 \      “Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done |
  `\                                            for me?” —Groucho Marx |