Requests to sponsor new library packages (was: why?)

Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> writes:

> For example, I would be very reluctant to sponsor a first package of a
> person that was a new library without any application using it,
> whereas a interesting kde application might easier catch my eye.

That's interesting, thank you for that perspective. What do you propose,
then, for a maintainer who wants to get a new package into Debian, but
that package requires one or more separately-packaged libraries that
*also* need to be sponsored into Debian before the “interesting” package
can go in?

--
 \       “… one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was |
  `\        that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful |