Re: why?

On 2009-08-18, Leinier Cruz Salfran <salfrancl@ipigto.rimed.cu> wrote:

> --=-+HFkoxaqb4DFPsQ5uB2y
>
> why is so hard to find a sponsor?
>
> I have a package online since 2 weeks ago, I sent 3 RFS and I have found
> no sponsor yet.
>
> why????

It depends very much on the kind of package. Wether it is something that
is "catchy" or not. Wether it is something a debian developer finds
useful or not.

For example, I would be very reluctant to sponsor a first package of a
person that was a new library without any application using it, whereas
a interesting kde application might easier catch my eye.

/Sune