Re: Requests to sponsor new library packages

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:

> Put them all into the same (or linked) RFS.

I obviously wasn't clear on this point: The library package is prepared
*first*, to provide functionality needed by the dependent package.
They're not ready for sponsorship together. What advice then?

In my case, ‘fooapp’ needs ‘libbar’, which in turn needs ‘libbaz’. So,
with only a limited amount of time, I work first on ‘libbaz’, and that
package is ready for sponsorship before the others. Should I wait until
all three are done — an indeterminate amount of time — before making an
RFS for the ready-to-inspect ‘libbaz’?

--
 \         “It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival |
  `\                                   value.” —Arthur C. Clarke, 2000 |