Re: Requests to sponsor new library packages

Hi

Dne Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:42:38 +1000
Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> napsal(a):

> I obviously wasn't clear on this point: The library package is prepared
> *first*, to provide functionality needed by the dependent package.
> They're not ready for sponsorship together. What advice then?
>
> In my case, ‘fooapp’ needs ‘libbar’, which in turn needs ‘libbaz’. So,
> with only a limited amount of time, I work first on ‘libbaz’, and that
> package is ready for sponsorship before the others. Should I wait until
> all three are done — an indeterminate amount of time — before making an
> RFS for the ready-to-inspect ‘libbaz’?

But you need to have some test that library package is okay. For
example that you did not miss some header, pkgconfig file or whatever.
And you can do this only if you have some program using the library. I
don't think it should be that major problem to provide all dependent
packages at once for review. At least people I sponsor did not have a
problem with this approach.