Re: RFS: trend

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Yuri D'Elia<wavexx@users.sf.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:00:04 +0800
> Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>> debian/rules doesn't handle DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt or
>> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=parallel=N (see debian-policy).
>
> Fixed.
>
> I've also overridden CXXFLAGS, first to enforce that -Wall is always
> present, and to push optimization levels to -O3 (the extra optimization
> performed at -O3 do not affect trend behavior).

I notice these warning from make and wonder if they are related:

make[1]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to parent
make rule.
make[1]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.

>> Complaints from lintian --info --display-info --display-experimental
>> --pedantic --show-overrides --checksums --color auto:
>>
>> P: trend: no-upstream-changelog
>
> I'm now using dh_installchangelogs to install NEWS as the upstream
> changelog.

I guess that is reasonable. Myself, I would have used git2cl to
generate the ChangeLog in your gendist script.

I've uploaded your package, it is now in NEW, thanks for your
contribution to Debian.

For future uploads, please mail this list and I will upload if I am able.

In particular, a new version of debian-policy was recently uploaded.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise