Re: RFS: gwibber

Dnia 2009-06-30, wto o godzinie 13:18 +0200, Piotr Ożarowski pisze:
> few additional comments:
> * use python-support instead of python-central if you want to join
>   PAPT[1] at some point

I'd love to do that. Where I can find some good resources about making
proper Debian packages using python-support or python at all? I really
don't want to relay on Ubuntu package any longer.

> * Architecture should be "all" not "any"

Fixed.

>   - some build dependencies can be moved to Build-Depends-Indep

Fixed.

>   - replace python-all-dev with python (>= 2.5)

Fixed.

> * remove python2.5 from Build-Depends and make sure /usr/bin/gwibber's
>   shebang is set correctly

Fixed.

> * remove Encoding field from desktop file (all desktop files should be
>   encoded in UTF-8)

Fixed.

> * move postinst content do debian/rules (hint: dh_link)

Working on it. I might need some more help, but I still search for more
informations about creating proper python packages. Any other hints than
provided dh_link are very welcome (:

> * remove postrm (if it's really needed, there's a bug somewhere)

I haven't got enough knowledge to answer if postrm is really necessary
or not. It removes /usr/share/gwibber after uninstallation  of gwibber
from system (it would be done automatically but I'm using ln -s to
libjs-jquery which aren't remove. I believe it's because of using
postinst and not dh_link in debian/rules, is that right?).

> * provide get-orig-source rule (and use bzr's export command)

If you could write more about this one, I'd be very happy (:

Thanks a lot for your time and instructions, really appreciate it!

Pozdrawiam! (:

--
Filip Chabik <debian@hadret.com>