Re: RFS: gwibber

Dnia 2009-06-30, wto o godzinie 16:22 +0530, Kartik Mistry pisze:
> Fine. You can ask upstream to provide 'download' tarballs at some point of time.

I did what lintian suggested -- I've added debian/watch file which for
now contains only my comments, but which will provide working link for
upstream as soos as stable release of Gwibber will be available.

> Just remove empty directory.

I guess I'll have to dig deeper, maybe I'll change whole debian/rules
file and stop relay on Ubuntu package (shame on me, but I'm still
learning).

> > I already asked, I'm waiting for answer from Ryan Paul.
>
> Good!

He answered me, I will quote:

"@hadret: You can browse the revision history: http://u.nu/8suf It's a
bit cryptic, but it is all we have right now."

So, do I have to make this file from what I can find on provided link,
or can I wait until they will provide something better?

> Splitting package gwibber and gwibber-common is solution.

I believe it's no longer an issue (I believe it was .bzr folder) but
splitting package is very nice idea. Is there any good resource I can
read about splitting (python) packages?

> Thanks a lot for packaging and contribution to Debian!

It's a pleasure. I always wanted to contribute more to Debian and I'm
doing my best right now. Hopefully I'll learn fast to stop bother real
Maintainers and only ask some Sponsors for uploading packages I made,
without necessity of guiding me how to do it properly (:

Once more, thanks a lot for your time and help! I really appreciate it!

--
Filip Chabik <debian@hadret.com>