Re: RFS: mount-systray

On 24 jun, 21:40, "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> In <[🔎] 135eeb1d0906241156q69cfcf9fqeb7bfbe733ddc53b@mail.gmail.com>, Juan Jesús
> Ojeda Croissier wrote:
> >> * The version numbering is for "native package" without reason.
>
> >Well, this is a native package, I think. Maybe I'm wrong with the
> >meaning of that but the sotfware was created for Guadalinex and it
> >came with the packaging stuff. It not an upstream projects that we're
> >packaging.
> >Please, tell me if I'm wrong.
>
> You are wrong.  :P
>
> To use native packaging instead of normal packaging, the software should be
> of virtually no possible use to non-Debian-derived distributions.
>
> If you can think of *any* reason that openSUSE, Fedora, or Gentoo would want
> to use the software (albeit with different packaging) you should use normal
> (non-native) packaging.

Hummm.... So, I wasn't wrong :-P

This software was created for a Debian-derived distribution
(Guadalinex). Maybe it's possible to change the packaging or compile
from the sources, but it wasn't the initial idea and it is not
supported by us. It is software for a Debian-derived distributions.

Probably, if more distros (Debian, Ubuntu, LinEx, Molinux and others
Debian-derived distributions) start to use it and we see other distros
like to use it, we'll convert it into upstream project (maybe in
GNOME) and the package will be changed into non-native one. But by now
we can't assure that the code itself will work in another distro. We
haven't tried it, neither we have prepared it for supporting it.

If you guys still see this as a non-native package, we'll change it,
but IMHO, at least right now, it is a native package.

Thanks for the aclaration anyway ;-)
Cheers.

--
Juanje