Re: RFS: mount-systray

Hi Didier,

Thanks for your comments, I'll answer you some of them below.

2009/6/24 Didier Raboud <didier@raboud.com>
[...]
> Hi Juan,
>
> in debian/control:
>
> * your short description doesn't sound english. I'd write as something like
> "System tray application to mount and unmount devices easily."

Sorry, it was the one who the previous maintainer put it and I didn't
check it too much. Thanks for the suggestion.
I'll change it and also the extended description.

> * the field XSBC-Original-Maintainer is non-sense for Debian (in Ubuntu, it
> mentions the original Debian Maintainer for the package, which _you_ will
> be.

Well, actually it makes a bit of sense here. This package is not in
Ubuntu, it comes from Guadalinex[1] a Ubuntu derivative distribution
and the original version of this package was created by some people
who are not working right now in this project.
We are maintaining the package and the project as a team (Junta de
Andalucía <packmaster@guadalinex.org>) but we like to let the credits
of the original maintainers, as Ubuntu does with Debian.
That's why we use this user-defined field[2].

> * Your Standards version is outdated.

That's true, a bit. It was the good one when I updated the package
some months before, I didn't check again :-/
I'll fix it.

> Other things:
>
> * The package was in Ubuntu Jaunty but isn't anymore. Why and why would you
> like to include it in Debian now?

No, the package has never been in Ubuntu. It's in Guadalinex and now
we try to bring it to Debian and Ubuntu. The control fiel maybe is a
bit Ubunty style and the changelog say Jaunty, but it was just because
is the distribution that Guadalinex is based on, so we need to make
the packages compatibles with Ubuntu Jaunty.
This package is been used for a lot of users in Spain for more than 2
years, so we like to bring it to Debian and Ubuntu, so more people
around the world can use it.

> * The version numbering is for "native package" without reason.

Well, this is a native package, I think. Maybe I'm wrong with the
meaning of that but the sotfware was created for Guadalinex and it
came with the packaging stuff. It not an upstream projects that we're
packaging.
Please, tell me if I'm wrong.

> * You are uploading to "jaunty" which does not exist in Debian.

Sorry, my mistake. I tried to generate our original package on
pbuilder with Debian sid and every was fine, so I decide to try the
mentors system, but I forgot to change the distribution in the
chengelog file :-/
I'll fix it as well. I guess the best idea by now is to put there
"unstable", isn't it?

> * Your README.Debian is empty.

Yes, you are right. I'll take off this from the docs file.

> Finally, your package seems to be intended to be uploaded to Ubuntu but went
> to Debian somehow.

That's what I explain before, It is not in Ubuntu but our distro is
Ubuntu Jaunty derivative, so the packages are for that distro. We try
now to bring this small tool to more people via Debian and Ubuntu.

> Actually, I don't give any chance for it to be uploaded - read the docs and
> correct at least all the above glitches, make it pass lintian -iI and come
> back with a fixed package.

Well. I'l fix those and other small things I found and I'll upload it
again to be reviewed again. Thanks for your time and your comments.

Cheers

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/juanje/2009/06/22/guadalinex-v6-is-out/
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s5.7
--