Re: RFS: mount-systray

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 03:00:59PM +0200, Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier wrote:
> This software was created for a Debian-derived distribution
> (Guadalinex). Maybe it's possible to change the packaging or compile
> from the sources, but it wasn't the initial idea and it is not
> supported by us. It is software for a Debian-derived distributions.
>
> Probably, if more distros (Debian, Ubuntu, LinEx, Molinux and others
> Debian-derived distributions) start to use it and we see other distros
> like to use it, we'll convert it into upstream project (maybe in
> GNOME) and the package will be changed into non-native one.

> But by now
> we can't assure that the code itself will work in another distro. We
> haven't tried it, neither we have prepared it for supporting it.

That's the distribution's problem, not yours - if it doesn't work, they
won't distribute it. Native packages are (my quote marks) "conceptually only
useful to Debian installations", not "will only run on Debian installations".

> If you guys still see this as a non-native package, we'll change it,
> but IMHO, at least right now, it is a native package.

It's non-native.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52