Re: FYI: QA uploads primer

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 22:19, Serafeim Zanikolas<serzan@hellug.gr> wrote:
> Sandro, in your first reply, you suggested 3 alternatives, one of which was
> "fix it". You seem to be quite upset despite me taking into account your
> specific suggestions for improvements. I'm just curious, what more would it
> take for you to consider it fixed?

re-evaluating your contributions it's a complete waste of time, so
please ignore the "fix it" suggestion and keep only the "drop it" one.

> I see your point about low-quality RFSs and the limited time of DDs, but your
> thesis basically boils down to "let's have less documentation so that the
> wrong people won't even try".

no man, you lack reasoning: you're just compiling a long list of items
to avoid to read those docs. We have formal documents, and people
willing to do packaging MUST read them, no excuses, EVER.

For all the surrounding things not worth for inclusion in canonical
docs (like team policies and so) we have differnt medium of
propagation, like wiki.

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 08:13:03AM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote [edited]:
>> it will be your fault to keep spreading damn wrong suggestions.
>
> Have you looked at wiki.d.o/HowToPackageForDebian? Here are some "damn wrong
> suggestions" from that page:

and who cares? I'm not the editor of the wiki, and I don't review all
the pages. Now, since you spotted it, please fix it.

> Pragmatic approach? Too big to read? Crazy talk, huh? I say let's remove that
> wiki page too. In fact, let's drop the whole wiki and replace it with your
> great suggestion: "Read the policy, devref, and newmaint ... and use your
> brain".

mmm... I stopped myself to call you bad words after this affirmation.
think twice (even more, I'd say) before write anything like this
again.

> ps. I've removed all wiki links to the QAUploadsPrimer; feel free to delete
> the page

I'm not a wiki admin, so I have no right to remove someone else's page.