Swig and Java bindings packaging

I'm maintaining a C++ library. They have SWIG (python) and Java (dunno
how) bindings which are not packaged right now.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can point out good examples of
packaged python-swig and / or Java bindings for libraries?

I'm a bit stuck cause the bindings are not integrated into autofoo
build system (it's not just additional flag to configure) and i
struggling to get my head around how to link against a library which
has just been build and not yet installed.

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич