Re: Swig and Java bindings packaging

Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:

> I'm maintaining a C++ library. They have SWIG (python) and Java (dunno
> how) bindings which are not packaged right now.
>
> I would greatly appreciate if someone can point out good examples of
> packaged python-swig and / or Java bindings for libraries?
>
> I'm a bit stuck cause the bindings are not integrated into autofoo
> build system (it's not just additional flag to configure) and i
> struggling to get my head around how to link against a library which
> has just been build and not yet installed.

SWIG is an interface generator for C++ into several languages. So probably
both interfaces in your program are SWIG-based.

If the interfaces are not hooked into the package build system, then you
will probably have to invoke swig directly to generate them. My package
csound uses SWIG to generate Java, Python and Lua bindings. It uses scons,
however.
What package is this?

--
Felipe Sateler