Re: RFS: storebackup (updated package, adoption, for experimental)

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Ryan Niebur <ryanryan52@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > still no reponse from anybody, but I've reuploaded with the
> > DM-Upload-Allowed field added. If this is a problem for somebody who
> > wants to sponsor it, I will remove it.
>
> The DM-Upload-Allowed is for sponsors *only* to add, not DMs. I wonder
> why people keep doing that, perhaps the documentation isn't clear
> enough?

Given the strong emphasis on having the maintainer do the packaging work
and the sponsor checks that work, it's rather unintuitive that there is
a field in the source package which the maintainer shouldn't touch.

I added it to my packages (before understanding the point you make here)
because I'm doing everything *else* to do with changes to the source
package. I didn't even question whether it should be me, as package
manager, making this change along with all the other changes to the
package.

This might simply be something that documentation can't really help.
Perhaps the implementation needs to be improved: i.e. this information
might not belong in the source package at all?

--
 \      “I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a |
  `\                  full house and four people died.” —Steven Wright |