Re: RFS: gnus -- A versatile news and mail reader for Emacsen

On May 11 2009, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Just to double-check: did you already know the background on this?  The
> gnus Debian package is not really recommended for most users.  Most
> users of Gnus are probably better off not installing the gnus Debian
> package and instead using the version that comes with Emacs.

Could any of you give a brief comment regarding what is the rationale?

I'm an Emacs user that wants to use it more and one of my next steps is
to get gnus to work (but the problem is that it seems to require another
degree on that). :-(

Thanks,