Re: RFS: sphinxsearch

Ben Finney wrote:
> Jérémy Lal <jerry@edagames.com> writes:
>
>> W: sphinxsearch: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/indexer
>> W: sphinxsearch: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/search
>> W: sphinxsearch: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/searchd
>> W: sphinxsearch: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/spelldump
>
> These command names are rather too generic. Perhaps they should be
> prefixed with ‘sphinx-’?

Good point, I'll do this.

>> E: sphinxsearch: FSSTND-dir-in-usr usr/etc/
>> W: sphinxsearch: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/example.sql
>> W: sphinxsearch: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/sphinx-min.conf.dist
>> W: sphinxsearch: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/sphinx.conf.dist
>> W: sphinxsearch: non-standard-dir-in-usr usr/var/
>
> These all look like installing the package with the wrong options to
> ‘configure’, but that's a guess.

Unfortunately, configure isn't malleable enough and so needs some extra
patching that I'll send upstream afterwards.

>> W: sphinxsearch: readme-debian-contains-debmake-template
>
> Either write something useful in the README.Debian, or remove it if it's
> not needed for the package.

OK, thanks.

>> W: sphinxsearch: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-with-dh_make-boilerplate
>> W: sphinxsearch: copyright-contains-dh_make-todo-boilerplate
>> W: sphinxsearch: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
>
> Perhaps Lintian was never run on this package before uploading it?

I did, but on the source package, not realising it needed running on the
binary afterwards too. pbuilder ran it but it disappeared and I didn't
scroll back - my bad. It's a learning curve for me.

I'll be making a whole host of changes to the next upload so that it
complies with the FHS properly etc.

Thanks for the pointers.

Tom