Re: RFS (take 2): libbash

Hai Zaar schrieb:
>> * debian/changelog:
>> - - It is wrong, that the package has been made native
> Well, I'm the author of the project, and I want to debian dir to be
> part of the project tree (with all of the consequences I know about
> it). Does not it make it native?
> I've incremented version (to "0.9.10c") to signify that its a new
> version (a not packaging of 0.9.10b version that was released quite a
> while ago).

See: http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
<-- quote
#  When to use a native vs a non-native debian package

You should only use a native Debian package when it is clear that the
package would only ever be of use in Debian. Even if the software is
currently only available in Debian, if someone could reasonably use the
software on another distribution or on another operating system, then
the package should be non-native.

A few examples of normal packages are: libc6, apache, phpmyadmin. But
linda, lintian, dpkg and some other tools are purely developed for
debian, and make no sense being released in another distribution.
quote -->

>> - - For what do you need in an arch all only package autotools-dev as
>> build-depend?
> I do not understand. The policy[1] says that "all" "indicates an
> architecture-independent package." Should I make it "any" instead of
> "all"?

No, but I see no reason why you should build-dep on it. But I personaly
did not test it yet without, please do so.

> The fixed package has been reuploaded to:
> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=libbash
>
> [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Architecture

I will review it again if (especially the first) both issues are fixed.

- --
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org