Re: RFS (take 2): libbash

Hi there.

I just caught this, and I'm talking about the quote without even reading
its current version.

On May 10 2009, Patrick Matthäi wrote:
> See: http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
> <-- quote
> #  When to use a native vs a non-native debian package
(...)
> But linda, lintian, dpkg and some other tools are purely developed for
> debian, and make no sense being released in another distribution.
> quote -->

Those packages are used by distributions like Ubuntu, for instance, and
the wording of that part may leave newer maintainers puzzled.

Oh, linda seems to be deprecated (dead?) in favor of lintian. :-)

I would, BTW, say that even one of the packages that I maintain (which
is usbmount) should be non-native, but I'm keeping it native for
historic purposes...

Regards,