Re: Ad hominem attacks (was: Re: RFS: ripit (updated package))

2009/4/26 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
> On Apr 26 2009, Neil Williams wrote:
>> Compounding that error with a 1 line ping is ridiculous.
>
> If a person simply asked to be ping'ed, then I don't think that the ping
> is "ridiculous". Could you elaborate on that?
>
> Also, my descriptions of the packages or my intentions are almost always
> verbose and I know how they could be not informative. I would also
> appreciate if you could elaborate on this.
>
> If you think that my work is "unsatisfactory, uninteresting or
> incomplete", then, please let me know, and I will just go away and do
> other things.
>
> I only started working on Debian since I am a long time user (for more
> than a decade) and I wanted to share the fixes that I've done and what I
> could improve. If, OTOH, they are "unsatisfactory, uninteresting", then,
> please, tell me and I will just shut up and do other things.

Please, don't be upset by a simple reply :)

Debian is so vast, that statistically you can always find someone that
do and don't agree with you. That reply was from someone that does not
think your work is valuable (even if I don't understand why).

Please consider that Neil's opinion, while worth listening, DOES NOT
represent the opinion of Debian as a whole.

Your work is appreciated, as the latest upload from other DDs (sorry,
I came late ;) ) shows clearly, and I want to encourage you do to more
:)

Neil, I don't think you can argue that much, since your last sponsored
package goes back at the dinosaur ages...

Cheers,