Ad hominem attacks (was: Re: RFS: ripit (updated package))

Dear Neil,

On Apr 26 2009, Neil Williams wrote:
> You're a tad lucky that you got a response at all, most such pings are
> silently ignored. Yes, that is pointing at you Rogério Brito,
> regarding ttf2pt1 (QA upload).

Hum, my name cited here in a negative way. I didn't expect this.

> If an RFS needs a ping, the chances are that the original RFS was
> unsatisfactory, uninteresting or incomplete.

If an RFS needs a ping, it may also be because a potential sponsor has
asked to be pinged before. [0][1]

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/04/msg00182.html
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/04/msg00443.html

Also, I don't think that my work is all of a waste and "unsatisfactory,
uninteresting or incomplete".

I've been told:

 * "That's always a very good things to do qa upload."
 * "(...) ping me and I'll review/upload."
 * "Thanks for taking care of an aging package, too..."

Furthermore, upon doing a QA upload of gphotofs [2], Patrick Matthäi
found it interesting enough to become the package's maintainer. [3]

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/04/msg00449.html
[3] http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gphotofs/news/20090424T234703Z.html

> Compounding that error with a 1 line ping is ridiculous.

If a person simply asked to be ping'ed, then I don't think that the ping
is "ridiculous". Could you elaborate on that?

Also, my descriptions of the packages or my intentions are almost always
verbose and I know how they could be not informative. I would also
appreciate if you could elaborate on this.

If you think that my work is "unsatisfactory, uninteresting or
incomplete", then, please let me know, and I will just go away and do
other things.

I only started working on Debian since I am a long time user (for more
than a decade) and I wanted to share the fixes that I've done and what I
could improve. If, OTOH, they are "unsatisfactory, uninteresting", then,
please, tell me and I will just shut up and do other things.

I pray $DEITY to put love and understanding into your heart.

Thanks.