Re: RFS: ttf2pt1 (QA upload) (was: Re: Planning on updating some dock-apps)

Hi Rogério,

2009/4/24 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
> Hi, Sandro.
>
> On Apr 24 2009, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> 2009/4/24 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
>> > I have reported, one or another bug, but they seem to have gone into the
>> > bit bucket, unfortunately, but I would like to do something about such
>> > packages.
>>
>> If these packages have still a formal maintainer, you can either
>> propose them an updated package, so they can upload it;
>
> Some of them have, some don't.

The latter case is easier, because a simple QA upload is in order, the
first needs some more "politic" :)

>> That's always a very good things to do qa upload.
>
> Thanks. I'm concerned with the status of Debian: it has too many
> packages and many of them are bit-rotting. Not a pleasant thing.  :-(

Indeed, and many new contributors prefer to add new packages, instead
of take care of the existing one. So I'm really happy you're pursuing
this road :)

>> You can start from this page [2] to find orphaned or up to adoption
>> packages you might start work on.
>
> Yes, there's where I actually started. Since I use a powerpc iBook, I
> would love to keep pbbuttonsd, powerprefs, and gtkpbbuttons in the
> distribution.

If you really care for these packages, consider also adopting them,
but that's not strictly required.

> Another one that would be nice to keep is gutenprint and lprng, which
> are especially nice to have with low-powered computers that are serving
> printers, for instance.
>
>> Well, upload to mentors.d.n and send a RFS here, as usual. I suggest
>> to write explicitly in the RFS email subject that's a QA upload.
>
> Done.

but please *also* state the name of the package you're RFSing :) I've
changed teh subject to add also the pkg name.

If no-one comes first, I'll try to review your package withing the weekend.

Cheers,