Re: RFS: fizmo (new package)

Christoph Ender schrieb:

> Hello,

> first of all, thanks for taking time to look into the package. I've
> tried to address all
> the issues and I think everything's fixed. There's only one exception:
> It sounds
> like having an "All rights reserved" in the copyright is a problem, but
> since this term
> is also present in /usr/share/common-licenses/BSD I've let it there for
> the moment.

So it is okay, but could you please also refer to the
common-licenses/BSD file in debian/copyright and there is also one
missing copyright in debian/copyright for the file:
src/fizmo/mt19937a.c
Please add it.

Then the last issue:
P: fizmo source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system config.mk

You should use a patch system for the file, that is everything from me :)

> On 25.04.2009 on 13:11 Patrick Matthäi wrote:
>
>> Hello, I found following issues:
>> - - Out of date Standards-Version (current is 3.8.1).
>> - - You manual adding library dependencies to the package, you should use
>> ${shlib:Depends} and while you are using debhelper also ${misc:Depends}
>> and drop those hardcoded depends, this is wrong.
>> - - You are continueing from the short to the long description, but the
>> long description is a single "field".
>> - - You could drop from debian/rules most outcommented stuff, so that it
>> is easier to read
>> Hmm the copying of the package also does not make me very happy.. an
>> "All rights reserved", no copyright headers in the source files, hmm
>

> On 25.04.2009 on 13:16 Patrick Matthäi wrote:
>> And I forgot:
>>
>> I: fizmo source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
>> W: fizmo source: dh-clean-k-is-deprecated
>> P: fizmo source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system config.mk
>> I: fizmo: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright
>

>> Christoph Ender schrieb:
>>> Dear debian mentors,
>>> I'm looking for a sponsor to upload my new package "fizmo". This is a
>>> Z-Machine interpreter, which may be used to play Infocom / Inform
>>> games. [...]

- --
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org