Re: Jconv

> Od: Jonathan Wiltshire <debian@jwiltshire.org.uk>

JM > I would like to make package which should install also two dirs which are not
JM > installed if program is installed from source, but they are part of source and
JM > are needed for running program.

JW > are you missing a flag when you configure the build?

no it should be installed well.
program is command line utility and syntax for running it is like this:
$ jconv <options> <config-file>

in config file are some settings and path of .wav file

JW > If they're purely configuration files, and meant to be system-wide, they
JW > should be in a subdirectory in /etc. But if they are user-specific, they
JW > should get put in the user's home directory (note: there's no way to do
JW > this in your packaging, the application must do it on startup).

I think they are user-specific, but I will have to put them probably to /etc/<mypackage>,
because I don't think upstream author will change application to do this.
Is this alowed?

JM > Is creating dir /audio/reverbs alowed in debian?
JM > If not where place dir like this.

JW > I suggest /usr/share/<your-package>/audio/reverbs. Also, if they
JW > are big, they should be in a seperate binary package (jconv-fx, perhaps?)
JW > that is arch-independent, along with any other effects stuff you want
JW > installing.

I like the idea of separated packages.
Actually second package is just dir with subdirs ... no Makefile.
It mean I should write my own Makefile for it or how manage it?

Thanks for help

mira