Re: RFS: blueman

Christopher Schramm wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:31:42 +0100
>> Christopher Schramm <debian@shakaweb.org> wrote:
>>
>>> In my eyes blueman could be a real deal for lightweight desktops.
>> gpe-bluetooth is designed for that kind of environment - how does this
>> one differ?
>>

> I'm not familiar with gpe-bluetooth, but the advantages of blueman are
> obvious; gpe's description says it brings a file transfer interface and
> PAN functionality. Beyond that blueman manages input and audio devices
> and makes use of G3/EDGE/GPRS dial-up. And it brings it's own dialogues
> for sending, receiving and browsing files. And it's nice looking too.
>
> I don't know any other bluetooth manager that targets all those basic
> bluetooth tasks (looking good doing so) and isn't bound to Gnome, KDE or
> whatever other software suite. Not in Debian and not even anywhere else.
> Of course I will accept if you can show me one I missed.

This program looks nice, but I would like to see a very detailed
explanation how it difference and what the relation is with:

gpe-bluetooth
bluetooth-applet (gnome-bluez)

What for is policykit-gnome dependency exactly used?

I would like to see an GTK based bluetooth manager that is working very
close with bluez upstream and does not depend on gnome dependencies so it
will be usable on all gtk based desktops and embedded systems! So a
flexible configurable gui that also is GNOME Human Interface Guidelines
compliant would be nice.

Does the program has a command line only interface, i am missing command
line tools to pair successfully with all bluetooth devices.

Thanks in advance for the information,

Best regards,

Jelle de Jong